COVID-19 SCAM ALERT
You may get a text message, phone call or e-mail from scammers purporting to be COVID-19 contact tracers. Legitimate contact tracers may ask for your name and address, health information and the people and places you have visited. A scammer will likely ask for more information:
• Don’t pay a contact tracer.
• Don’t give your financial information.
• Don’t give your Social Security number.
• Don’t share your immigration status.
• Don’t click on links or download files.
If you are unsure whether a legitimate contact tracer is contacting you, contact your local health department before providing any information. Visit FTC.gov/scams for more information.